August 29, 2023 at 9:00:00 AM
Amsterdam 2023: the future of heart health revealed at the cutting edge ESC Congress.
The annual ESC Congress, held in Amsterdam from August 25-28, cemented its reputation as the world's premier cardiovascular conference. Attended by over 25,000 leading clinicians, researchers, nurses, allied health professionals, and trainees, both on-site and virtually, the congress showcased the latest cutting-edge advances across the broad spectrum of cardiovascular medicine.
Scientific Program Highlights
With over 450 sessions, the scientific program covered every discipline in cardiovascular science and care. Key highlights included:
• Presentations of late-breaking clinical trials like PARADISE-MI, NORDISTEMI, and AFFIRM-AHF on the hottest topics in cardiology.
• Sessions revealing new ESC clinical practice guidelines, including on endocarditis, diabetes, cardiomyopathies, and acute coronary syndromes.
• Debates on controversial issues like blood pressure targets, antithrombotic therapy, lipid management, and heart failure therapies that engage the audience to determine the outcome.
• Practical case-based implementations of guidelines led by expert faculty to enhance translation into clinical care.
• Focus on multimodality imaging, digital health, artificial intelligence, genomics, and other technological advances shaping the future of cardiovascular medicine.
• Basic and translational science sessions elucidating mechanisms of cardiovascular disease and exploring new therapeutic targets.
Global Exchange & Networking
The congress brought together cardiovascular professionals from over 150 countries for exchange of ideas, experience, and best practice:
• Joint sessions organized with major cardiovascular societies from Europe, North and South America, Asia, Africa and more.
• Meet-the-Expert sessions where attendees consulted world leaders in cardiology on clinical cases and management dilemmas.
• The Global Exchange networking and collaboration area where ESC worked closely with national societies.
• Debate sessions where audience participants from different global regions compared perspectives.
ESC TV: Live Broadcasting
The ESC TV studio provided engaging and educational broadcasting throughout Congress:
• Interviews with prominent thought leaders and researchers gave perspectives on key topics and trials.
• Condensed tutorials explained trials, guidelines, and clinical concepts clearly and simply.
• Major sessions transmitted live to extend the congress experience to those unable to attend in person.
• Debates and presentations streamed live allowed participation from cardiovascular professionals all over the world.
• Morning shows, quiz shows, and spotlight sessions provided variety and fun.
• The congress app allowed users to watch live or on-demand and interact or vote in real-time.
The Future of Cardiovascular Medicine
As ADN CoE a company involved in medical education as well as cardiovascular health care, we were proud to be present at ESC Congress 2023. We enjoyed connecting with specialists from around the world and discuss about the latest advances in cardiovascular care. The congress was a chance to showcase how scientific research translates into clinical practice to transform patient outcomes.
We look forward to be part of more events like these in the future.
ADN CoE team.